- Why do you think the jacket and buttons were left in the cupboard for a year at a time? Explain your answer with as much detail as possible.it was waiting for to be used for the other anzac day
- Key Vocabulary find and complete these words from the text. Then write the definition (meaning) of each word in your own words (do NOT copy straight from the dictionary)
- khaki: is a brown green jacket
- pride: they were proud
- dodged: avoid someone
- battlefield: all of the soldiers sometimes fight
- trench : soldiers always hide so they don't get shoot.
- mildew: Mildew is like something that make it rotten
- pre-dawn : Pre-dawn is the night
- wail: wail is a high pitched cry of pain
- bugle: the soldiers blow the bugle to know what happening.
- regimen : regiment a group of soldiers
- rummaged: Rummage is an unsystematic and untidy search
- gleamed: gleamed is a shine or clean and sparkly effect
3. Create a time line to show how the button felt throughout the story.
During the war
give it away
take it off